I used to think the whole concept of blogs was really arrogant, like it’s just one person going on some rant thinking everybody else really wants to hear their thoughts and opinions about the world. and what do I know, maybe lots of people do want to hear the the writer’s thoughts. it’s just the whole idea that the writer thinks his thoughts should be read/heard by everyone. it just seemed high-handed to me. until lately. i recently read a fantastic review of FutureSex/LoveSounds in a friend’s note, and it really convinced me that blogging is alright. not conceited, just a handy way to let people get into your mind a little if they want. ok enough of this intro. here are some things i’ve been into for the last week or two.1. Most people know i’m not a huge sports buff, but even I was following the World Series. and while i don’t have a tv, i spent game 5 clicking the refresh button on si.com every 30-60 seconds. it made for an exciting night. go cards.
2. organic chemistry…as much as that might be lame, it’s actually really interesting to me. unfortunately i’m not smart enough to be a chem major. shame. it’s cool now that we’re actually getting into practical stuff, we can do all sorts of reactions and crap. actually not in real life, but on paper, i can do reactions involving alcohols and ethers and epoxides. pretty cool.
It’s called 18-crown-6 because it has 18 total atoms in the ring and 6 total oxygen atoms…and it looks like a crown.
3. bob dylan. he’s just really good. that’s all.
4. this whole “my shares” deal on facebook is really cool. at least to me. it’s weird, i really thought that this blog feature and now the shares would catch on really fast, but not many of my friends write many notes, and so far the shares thing hasn’t gone over too well. which is really too bad, because it’s a way cool thing. i’ve only put up a few things, but i’ll add quite a bit as time goes on.
5. i read today that reese witherspoon and ryan phillippe separated? i’m pissed.
Come on. Seven years of gorgeous red carpet snapshots and you’re calling it quits?
6. i’m transferring to uni.so that’s all. i have to look over some notes for a biology quiz tomorrow. my bio t.a. has such a big butt, it’s really hard not to stare. and he’s a dude…so it gets a little awkward. but it’s just so big! later.
p.s. Mathmatical equations – actual numbers = really annoying.