a few days ago, colleen left for romania. she’s there three weeks, which means we won’t be able to talk at all. obviously, this is a sucky and huge bummer. luckily for me, two things happened today that will make these weeks fly right by.
1. i procured, basically, the entire the ricky gervais show series. i am so excited. the show is just these three english guys chatting about whatever. honestly, they talk about everything. world events, animals, philosophy, scientific theories, movies, their daily routines, etc. the most random stuff in the world. and it’s about the funniest thing i’ve ever heard.
2. the time of the month has come again for another itunes update. i’d been looking forward to this one for a while now, as i knew there were going to be some serious changes to my Top 100. the last month i went through a gigantic michael jackson phase. i got the album bad and went to town on it, off the wall, and thriller. did a lot of rhythmic walking those weeks. colleen also sent me jack johnson’s latest album, sleep through the static. i listened to that quite a bit. then the last few days i’ve been in a bit of a ben folds thing, but i’m feeling a daft punk period coming on. and other than mj, jack johnson, and ben folds, i listened to the odd album or song here and there.
the ipod has been plugged in and the changes have been noted. i think a fair amount has changed too. first of all, there are now 6 songs that have peaked over a playcount of 100, and 3 more that are really close to it. other than that, my overall Top 100 has changed a lot. obviously i’m not gonna go into much more detail than that, what a bore. but it’s been interesting for me to see what new tunes have shown up, how older tunes have gone up in rank, etc. and that’s about it. this might be the last update i do, since the next one i would do i’ll be back in the states. i think i’ll continue keeping my play counts hidden until a designated day of the month, but probably no more blogs about it. i like how my music listening has changed slash improved since i’ve been here in spain, and i would like to stick with it once i’m back in the states. but to end this one, here’s my current Top 10 Most Played list:
10. Around the World / Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger – Daft Punk
9. I Don’t Trust Myself (With Loving You) – John Mayer
8. Heart Of The City (Ain’t No Love) – Jay-Z
7. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
6. Good Life – Kanye West feat. T-Pain
5. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
4. Lesson Learned (feat. John Mayer) – Alicia Keys
3. Flashing Lights – Kanye West feat. Dwele
2. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) – Michael Jackson
1. Baby Be Mine – Michael Jackson
newest addition: billie jean. let’s have some love for mj.